Lawsuit Exposes Opioid Firm Placed Profits Over People (Video)

Health, Uncategorized

by N. Morgan

  • The lawsuit says Purdue violated a 2007 settlement with the state, placing profits over people with a deceptive narrative that claimed its opioids were safer than they actually were.
  • In Tennessee, there were 1,631 overdose deaths in 2016, including 1,186 from opioids, according to the state Department of Health.

Emigrate While You Still Can! Learn More…

Nashville, Tennessee: A recently unsealed lawsuit by Tennessee’s attorney general revealed that the maker of the world’s top-selling painkiller directed its sales force to target the highest prescribers, many with limited or no pain management background or training.

Citing the public’s right to know, Attorney General Herbert Slatery said Thursday that OxyContin maker Purdue Pharma has dropped its previous efforts to shield details of the 274-page lawsuit in state court. The Tennessee Coalition for Open Government and the Knoxville News Sentinel had also requested that the lawsuit’s records become public.

The lawsuit says Purdue violated a 2007 settlement with the state, placing profits over people with a deceptive narrative that claimed its opioids were safer than they actually were. The lawsuit also says the Stamford, Connecticut-based company targeted vulnerable people, including the elderly.

Purdue did so while relying on continued users and high doses, according to the lawsuit: 104.3 million OxyContin tablets were prescribed in Tennessee from 2008 to 2017, with 53.7 percent of them 40 milligrams or higher. And more than 80 percent of Purdue’s business consistently came from continued users, the lawsuit says.

For example, Purdue called on two providers 48 times after law enforcement told Purdue the pair was responsible for significant interstate OxyContin diversion, the lawsuit says. The company called on another provider 31 times after the provider’s license was placed on restrictive probation related to high-prescribing of controlled substances, the lawsuit adds.

The state’s lawsuit says Purdue kept pushing to sell its products despite a litany of red flags.

“Purdue continued to make sales calls in spite of credible reports of patient overdoses, indictments, adverse licensure actions, a provider admitting he was addicted to heroin, a knife fight outside a provider’s office, muggings over controlled substances outside of a pharmacy linked to a specific provider, a clinic that had no examination tables or equipment, an admission by a provider that he was running a pill mill, a provider changing the name of his practice shortly after he was notified of a state investigation into his practice, a patient being coached in the waiting room about how to fill out intake forms, armed guards in provider waiting rooms, high numbers of patients who purchased OxyContin in cash, high numbers of out-of-state or out-of-county tags in providers’ parking lots, accusations of insurance fraud, choreographed urine screenings and pill counts, standing-room-only waiting rooms, and additional signs of problematic high volume practices,” the lawsuit states.

Purdue has denied claims in lawsuits nationwide over the scourge of opioid abuse, saying it will defend itself. In Tennessee, there were 1,631 overdose deaths in 2016, including 1,186 from opioids, according to the state Department of Health.

Tennessee filed its complaint last month at the same time Florida, North Carolina, North Dakota, Nevada, and Texas brought similar lawsuits claiming unfair and deceptive trade practices.

[SOURCE]

References:

http://www.arabnews.com/node/1334141/business-economy

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCM94yE2X1Vaf5c1Fg-JsEjA

More Stories Contributed By N. Morgan

 

Advertisements

1 Trillion Dollar Lawsuit Filed Against MSM For Staging Sandy Hook Massacre- It Was A FEMA Exercise!

2nd Amendment, Conspiracy Theories, Corrupt Politicians, False Flag Ops, Sandy Hook Hoax

 

 

(N.Morgan) In another shocking twist in the Sandy Hook saga, Filmmaker and Author William Brandon Shanley Launches Wave of Lawsuits for more than $1 Trillion Against Big Media Over Sandy Hook Massacre Coverage. We may not be able to get them in the criminal court, but Civil court is an entirely different affair. There may finally be recourse for this False Flag Op that was pulled on this country.

 

 

 

Here is Mr. Shanley’s Statement:

“After exhaustive research, the good news is that overwhelming evidence reveals that no children or teachers died at Sandy Hook two years ago. For relief, I have filed lawsuits against the media in US District Court in New Haven for Fraud and Terrorism. Here is an example of our abundant evidence, Exhibit D: The Connecticut State Police dash cams record no evacuation of children from school at critical moments: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqcaaE6aFX8 — Smoking Gun evidence no children died at Sandy Hook.”

 

Attached is a photo staged by the Newtown Bee, a wider view of that action being staged on a different day that the emergency altogether, and a sampling of front pages that terrorized the world with the fake photo.

 

evacuationnewtownsandyhook

 

Mr. Shanley is the producer of The Made-for-TV Election starring Martin Sheen that analyzed media coverage in the tectonic Carter-Reagan election of 1980. He is also the author of books on quantum physics, including Alice and the Quantum Cat (2011). Dr. James Fetzer, whose 35 articles on Sandy Hook for Veteran’s Today qualify him for the highest investigative journalism awards, and School Safety Consultant, Wolfgang Halbig, whose investigative expertise as a former Florida State Police officer, and loving attention as a former principal, makes this case’s particulars comprehensible to all, will be called as expert witnesses.

 

 

It is their scholarship and bravery that makes these Complaints possible for the shear breadth and scope and detail of evidence they have assembled. Hundreds of independent researchers have also made this day possible, and Mr. Shanley claims they will be tracked down and rewarded heartily for their bravery and mindfulness of America.

 

 

 

Mr. Shanley’s Complaint states, in part:

 

 

Defendants entered in a multi-year conspiracy, meeting in groups separately and together, to commit fraud and terrorism, i.e., to brainwash the public into thinking a lone gunman drill known as the “Sandy Hook Massacre” was real, when in fact it was a staged FEMA National Level Exercise Event that redirected government resources to terrorize the public. These crimes were undertaken with the intent of subverting the US Constitution and to affect national, state and local laws.  This fraud involved lying to the public, faking news, publishing one-sided news reports, censoring reality, suppressing facts, and deliberately skewing the news to shift public perceptions.

 

The true costs of this breach of integrity and trust to society are unfathomable. Instead of fulfilling their Constitutional Role as the People’s Surrogates and being honest brokers of information, the Plaintiff will show how the men and women who dominate the TV news industry in the United States broke laws, besmirched the First Amendment, their Constitutional role as government watchdogs, and forfeited the right to report the news, and thereby profit from news production and distribution. The sine qua non of journalism is the search for truth. Our Fourth Estate chose a different path. Punitive damages of one year’s annual revenue from each Defendant are being sought to establish a News Trust, that will free journalism and restore trust and integrity to our communications sources. A democracy cannot survive this tyranny over human consciousness.

 

The New York Times, the Associated Press, the Hartford Courant, and the Newtown Bee are being sued for 10 billion usd, punitive damages, in a separate Complaint.

 

 

 

Case Name:

Shanley v. Smith et al

Case Number:

3:14-cv-01881-JAM

Filer:

William Brandon Shanley

Mass TV and wire service news media are being sued for 1 trillion usd, punitive damages.

 

 

Shanley v. O’Prey et al

Case Number:

3:14-cv-01929-JAM

Filer:

William Brandon Shanley

 

 

 

 

 

 Source

 

bears

More Stories Contributed By N. Morgan

 

 

Fukushima Residents Suing Tepco And Government For Radiation Contamination Update 2/8/13 (Video)

Fukushima Disaster

 

(N.Morgan) I don’t think anyone blames those people for suing their govt. and TEPCO for killing them and their future generations. This lawsuit is long over due and I hope it turns out well for them, though what monetary value do you put on life? TEPCO ruined the environment with their negligence and lies. The citizens of Fukushima  and the surrounding areas were not properly updated and informed to what the true condition of meltdown the nuclear plant was in, so they could not prepare of get out of there in time to avoid the illnesses they have been plagued by.

TEPCO in northern Japan will file a class action lawsuit next month against the government and the operator of the accident-stricken Fukushima Daiichi nuclear plant.About 350 residents of Fukushima, Miyagi, Ibaraki and other prefectures will participate in the action against the national government and Tokyo Electric Power Company.At a news conference on Friday in Fukushima City, their representatives said they will demand that the defendants reduce the radiation levels of the areas where they have homes to those before the nuclear accident in March 2011.They will also seek some 550 dollars per plaintiff per month in compensation for health concerns and indirect damage to their businesses.

 

 

 

More Stories:

SHTF- Financial Collapse Is Coming! Preppers Get Ready For SHTF Survival! (Video)

The 10 Absolute Worst States For Taxes (Video)

A Call For Civil War: Against Boehner Within The GOP (Video)

Nine Inch Nails Trent Reznor Illuminati Secrets Revealed (Video)

NASA! Evolution Of The Moon (Video)

Awesome HAARP Evidence Caught On Tape (Video)

How To Start A Fire Using Water (Awesome Video)

 

More Stories Contributed By N. Morgan

 

Also featured at:

AlternativeNewsToMe1Blogspot

AlternativeNewsToMe1WordPress